Saturday, August 4, 2012

Noah Bob

A little post on Noah.


In the last month I have witnessed Noah mature.

It has been a very long, very emotional road, getting from there to here.  I have failed more often than succeeded at being patient and loving to him through his struggles.  I have spent many days pleading with him to sit, play, focus...and to no avail.  He was, and still is, our busy boy.

Yet for the past few weeks he has slowed down, he will sit for periods of more than five minutes, and just plays!  Wonderful play.

My heart rejoices each time I witness him: enjoying his toys, primarily his trains, putting objects in the caboose, making sounds and laughing.  This may sound elementary for a four year old.  But he is our four year old that never quite could do this seemingly effortless task.  And now I see it, I am thankful for it, and I see God's grace in the midst of it.

For I have struggled greatly in not having a child that reached developmental milestones at the 'right time', I have struggled in comparing him to other's, and I have struggled with being humbled in the midst of it all.  So we praise God for this and for Noah continuing to enjoy his time of playing.

Thanks for reading,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment