Saturday, August 4, 2012

One Month in....

I have a one month old (plus a few weeks).  Time is truly passing us by.  I have been trying to hold on tightly to each little phase that Hudson is going through but some of them pass too quickly.  It seemed that in one instant I could still squeeze a size Newborn diaper around him and then the next it was impossible.  I have already packed up all newborn clothing, but let's be honest when you are born at 8.14 and lost basically none of it, that isn't a big surprise.  And I am already thinking size three month is looking a little tight length wise.

Slow down little one!

In one month our little Hudson has hit some milestones.

He smiled at about one month.  A big, gorgeous grin, with his mouth wide open.  He is simply irresistible smiling at me like that.  Sweet thing.

He finally got his first shot at his one month visit.  Yes we are those parent's.  Not the non vaccinating kind but the kind that can't remember anything, and the kind that kept forgeting the important vaccine card that you are supposed to take to EVERY visit.  We forgot whether we had him vaccinated with his Hep B in the hospital, and forgot whether we had it done in the doctor's office at his first visit, and so on...proud parenting moment. We finally remembered to bring it and he finally got his shot!  Yay for him.  He screamed, I cried, same old shot routine...

He was picked up, sat upon, poked at, kissed, licked, all by his very loving two older brothers.  The picking up thing is pretty disastrous.  I made it worse by not reacting correctly the first time Luke did it, all I could do was say, oh thank you Lukey, thank you, thank you.  I was on the phone at the time and my dear friend kept saying, STOP thanking him and pick up the baby!!  Hello.  Unfortunately now, Luke picks him up (and yes he can undo the safety belts as well), walks to me over the TILE floor, hands him to me and says, Your welcome Mama.  Pray that sweet Hudson survives his brothers.

His belly button fell off.  And basically I did everything wrong during the process, are you starting to worry about how Hudson will survive our parenting?  I found out that putting a bandaid over the belly button is not what you should do.  Which, it turns out, makes belly button's worse if they aren't exposed to air, but I did, I covered it with a bandaid, then realized the whole thing was oozy and bloody and stinky.  And I will be honest I was a bit embarrassed that I had no idea how to care for an infant's belly button.  So I made Kelly take him into our pediatrician.  A shining moment for me making my hubby do the dirty work; thankfully they fixed it up with no comments about, isn't this your third?  But I think I learnt my lesson about sending my husband in because Kelly tells our dog, LOVING, doctor (I know this because she put it on her profile) how much he can't stand certain dogs.  And the dogs he can't stand are the one's she owns.  Classic Kelly.

I always enjoy putting the boys stats in my posts.  So here are Hudson's!
Weight 10.14 (75%)
Height 22.5 " (75%)

Thanks for reading!
Heidi


No comments:

Post a Comment