Thursday, June 9, 2011

A stinky post

So there comes a time in a parenting adventure where you begin to question whether or not this was something you had ever signed up for. That time for us is right now. We never imagined that our lives would be consumed with trying to get Noah to stop smearing his poop around our house. Why you might ask? Good question. Now I realize he is three and I should have been potty training him a while ago but I have waited. Mostly because I am petrified to do it. And this is the reason. I am not at all good with poop. If it's in the toiled fine. If its, ALL OVER MY HOUSE. Not okay.

Basically this is how it all plays out. Noah goes off somewhere out of sight. Usually at a fine time like me eating lunch. As I begin to wonder what he is doing he comes over, places his sweet hand, full of poop, on my arm and says 'Mama, poop.' Well I am sure that you can imagine my reaction. I had no idea that my voice could reach such high decibels. Then proceeds a long process of washing Noah up, cleaning Luke up if he happens to be in the way, cleaning the carpet/bedspread/couch/floor etc. where the poop happens to be. Then I sit in a corner crying. If I could bring myself to drink at 11 in the morning I am sure I would.

So what smart thing are we doing to prevent it? Well like any smart parent would we are forcing our child to wear 24 month onesies (there is no 3T onesie out there, we looked) with shorts and a belt on. If he can't get to it then there is no poop problem right? So if you see my child out and around town walking funny it's because we are making him wear his brother's onesies until he discovers that poop is gross. That is going to be a long, long time.

Oh and by the way when your child starts saying, Luke and eat, in the same sentence when there is poop about the house its best to ignore what he is saying. Because if I let myself go there I might need to be committed.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I sense humor in the post so I will go there and say thank you for the laugh...HOWEVER...it is not funny in the midst of it so I do hope that this lover of poop stage goes quickly! :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Trey wasn't fully trained (poop and all) til about 3 years and 8 months so no fear! There's still time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, so sorry friend! That happened with Hugh...but I missed it...it was at my mom's house...in her closet. It was horrible (so I heard). Praying this time will pass VERY quickly! And praying for you and your sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Goodness. Now I, too, am petrified to tackle potty training. Thankfully, we have a while before that needs to happen. I hope SOMEDAY (probably not anytime in the next couple of years) it will be funny to look back on this, and if not, it will be a great way to scare away the girls in 10-15 years. It's called REVENGE! :)

    P.S.- want to get away to Texas sooner rather than later? I'm sure Kelly would LOVE a little bonding time with his son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I had no idea that my voice could reach such high decibels"

    AHHHHAHAHA! Classic! That was the greatest blog line I've read in weeks!

    This, too shall pass (sorry, I couldn't resist)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh heidi, just read this now in sept. but oh so funny. only funny because it is not happening to me. you are a fine story teller. i hope that helps you to get through the poopy times!

    ReplyDelete