Saturday, June 4, 2011

Blogging

Hmph. Is that even a word? I am no longer a good blogger, heck I was never even a great blogger. I just don't do it. And quite honestly I don't read blogs anymore. I should clarify I don't read blogs of people I don't know anymore. I used to have a long list on my google reader of craft blogs, cool people blogs, people who I will never meet but think their life is amazing type blogs. And I deleted. them. all. Starting afresh maybe? Not really, just really, really tired of reading blogs about people I don't know and feeling like how great their lives were compared to mine.

You know I have the stay at home mom with two busy boys who like things like toilets, cars and dirt kind of life. Not that I am throwing myself a pity party over it. Oh my no. I am extremely blessed. I just didn't need to be reading random people's blogs that ended with me going, oh if only... Honestly I don't need if only's or thoughts that I can be more amazing if I just blogged about how amazing I am.

So I have been thinking about blogging and whether I will continue with it or not. And after a long hiatus, a slight change to the blog layout, I am back. But with a different idea on why I blog.

It is to preserve a memory.

To write about our current events before they become a distant thought. And eventually I hope my kids will want to read what was happening in our lives circa early 2000's. To hear that they were in the 90th percentile their whole infant lives. That we owned a crazy dog for three months before returning him. To know how we struggled with things like sleeping and eating and pooping (you not us).

So hi ho, hi ho, it's back to blogging I go.

Heidi

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad you're back. I totally hear you on reading some people's blog (who I don't know IRL) and think how amazing they are because they homeschool, make their own clothes, make all of their own food, have a garden, etc. etc....while I can barely get dressed (normally I don't) and feed my kids the blue box! But you know what, who cares! I love having my blog to look back on - so much fun! I look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blogging for the very same reason and I am GLAD you are back! Welcome friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...the interent is so good at sucking me into that way of thinking....so and so is so amazing...I aspire to such and such....it can be a huge downer.

    But! What makes blogs so great is that I can follow friends and their beautiful families, from afar. It's fun watching your boys grow up on your blog. When I meet them in real life, they won't be strangers! Thanks for blogging, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure I could have written this exact same post because I feel the exact same way!! (notice I haven't been blogging much lately either??) I'm glad you're back, and just for the record... I do think you're AMAZING!! :)

    ReplyDelete