Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lukey



Lukey.  

He is over two now.  Makes him seem so big when I say that.  I just finished his first year photo album; I had such a great time reminiscing over those precious 12 months...time sure went quickly.  

Now he is over two.  And independent.  Except for when he get's an owie.  Then he reverts back to needing a lot of hugs, kisses (usually on the spot that hurts), and just a lot of loving.  No complaints here!!

He is our chatterbox.  He loves to talk.  And says yes with the cutest little lisp at the end.  He also says no, a lot, but it's still cute as well because he doesn't say just a no, he says nope.  Do you want some yogurt Luke?  Nope.  Do you want some cheese?  Nope.  This can go on for a long, long time, I should just start with cookies.  He also loves to talk about trains, cars, fire trucks (any red vehicle he sees is a fire truck), and sometimes he will just talk on and on about who knows what because we don't understand a word of it.  He also has started to sing.  That is something so sweet to listen to.  Our current overplayed CD is one from Sovereign Grace, "God loves a generous heart, a generous heart, for it's a heart like His own heart, a heart like (and this is where Luke sings loudly) His Own!  

Luke adores babies.  I am so excited for Luke to meet our new baby boy, Micah, Hudson, Daniel?...poor guy we have still not chosen his name.  Anyhoo Luke does like babies.  He, I must admit, is a bit on the rougher side of loving, come's maybe from being over 30 pounds and having an older brother?, but he is a lover.  He will ask first, Hug?, then absolutely lay himself over the carseat, with baby in it, to give them a hug.  He also retrieves toys and paci's and shoves them in the baby's face or hand.  As I write this I am seeing some work needs to be done on what gentle is.  But I love that he does have that interest and care for little one's.  

Luke is our child that love's to play off by himself.  He get's a short break when Noah is at preschool three times a week and that is when I see him relax and just play.  Usually he is on the defense making sure no toys are taken from him.  But with Noah gone he will line up his trains and play (I think I am always a bit shocked by this since our Noah is the polar opposite when it comes to playing).  

At the same time it is also nice for him to have Noah to play with.  I mean there are those moments where I can hear myself saying, please, please, please just play together without snatching, wrestling and biting!!  Biting has become their weapon of choice these days. The worst was when I took Luke's diaper off (potty training is beginning) and saw on his sweet little behind a nice set of teeth marks.  Ouch.  But on the other hand there are moments of sweet playtime together.  Or moments where they think one another is the funniest thing ever!  I am grateful for more of these moments...

So that is our Lukey in a little nutshell.  

More to come....

1 comment:

  1. so sweet.
    "weapon of choice"- lol.

    My vote is hudson, if it means anything! I LOVE that name!

    ReplyDelete