Sunday, June 24, 2012

And here we go...

With less than 24 hours to go I have been contemplating the joys, the trials and the puffiness of pregnancy.  We are quite sure (?) that this will be our final pregnancy.  That any other child joining our family will either need to be brought to us by a stork or happily donated.  Our conversations about this topic usually land between, just tie those puppies up to what if in say two years we want another?  To no way will I ever, ever want to have another c-section again (which I do recall saying after number 2) to I could totally see myself having four boys.  Because let's be honest here...

So in my final few hours of feeling this sweet boy moving and kicking on the inside, which is my favorite part of being pregnant, I have put together a few memories of the past 10 months.  Because I know all clear memories will be voided out in the next few days.

1) Compression Stockings: I will be having a burn my compression stockings ceremony (invitations to follow).  They are the one thing that I must wear during pregnancy or else my feet, ankles and legs start to take an unnatural form.  Especially during those hot Arizona summer months.  Which seems a bit cruel since when I wear them I also wear long pants to hide them.  I should rename them my humble stockings.  It is hard to think of yourself looking amazing when you are wearing them.  And kudos to my sweet husband.  Because every night, in my compression stocking glory, I make the poor man take them off.  That's right they are tight and awful and ugly and he never once makes any comment about their ugliness.  I am thinking that marriage vows should start to include, I, enter name, will be gracious and kind each night as I peel those ugly, compression stockings off of your swollen pregnant legs because you can no longer reach them yourself.  So I am assuming we will both be glad to see them go....

2) OB appointments: who doesn't feel like their OB is their best friend by the end of your pregnancy?  They know your name, have heard your most intimate details, and are probably just as excited as you to meet this baby (though possibly for different reasons).

3) Maternity wear:  Ah the stretchy pant.  Good thing you will still be my close companion for a few more weeks, ahem months.

4) Ultrasounds: A small insight into who your child is.  Do they like to hold their hands over their face?  Do they suck their thumb?  Are they so busy the tech has a hard time?  Do they have big hands?  All of these are a yes when it came to watching baby Hudson.  He was busy, he rarely showed us his face, and one time the whole screen was just a hand!  Looking forward to finally meeting him.

5) Tests, labs, blood drawn, diabetes check, needles, more blood drawn, heck why not one more blood drawn just for fun? and peeing in a cup....all things you never miss but are extremely thankful for in the midst of your pregnancy.

6) Craving and Aversions:  so what did I hate and love with this pregnancy?  Oregano's.  Yuck.  So sad, but it always seems to happen, the one place I go to in the early months of pregnancy I have to avoid for about a year or so after.  Seems that also the movie, Winnie the Pooh, conjures up nauseousness?  Possibly because that was THE movie my kids loved in my first trimester. (other's were coffee and diet coke...poor me caffeine free:0) And what did I love?  Sadly enough, it was mostly everything else.  Though I will say that I could eat blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, peaches as fast as Kelly brought them home.  Sweets were definitely my top pick.  That and a glass of wine.  Which I never had but sure craved....

So soon we are off (actually we are already back but I wanted to finish this post) and I will no longer be pregnant but will have the joy of meeting sweet Hudson.

Heidi

1 comment: